It was coded in C++. I used SDL for audio and DirectX fixed pipeline functionality for graphics, but use of third party libraries and tools was discouraged.
My aim was to make a short platform game based around avoiding creeps and getting to the goal (a star) at the end of each level. It was themed on the 1989 NES game Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II.
The levels, of which there were to be five, were at least named after the spells in that game. Unfortunately not much else was, because I ran out of time. Left on the to-do list were integration of a tilemap and level editor for creating levels of a respectable size, plus the fixing of several bugs. It's still a laugh to play though.
|I take full responsibility for the grotty 8-by-8 pixel art.|
|Get your own crown.|
Update: As advertised, here is the repository with source and development log: https://bitbucket.org/Tw1ddle/sfas-2011-2012